Android Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Tigerspike you will be expected to research, design, implement, test and maintain software that supports Tigerspike's business goals, and more importantly, you'll have fun along the way while doing this.
As we are a relatively small team of about 20 in our New York office but growing in size, there is lots of opportunity to contribute your ideas and grow within the role and company.
This role will see you specifically working on Android applications in the first instance with the opportunity to cross-train on to iOS or Web/.NET in the future depending on project needs.
- Develop novel software
- Maintain existing software
- Constantly learn and keep abreast of emerging technology
- Contribute to the software design processes including
- Whiteboard sessions
- Critique software designs and architectures
- Peer review colleagues code identifying areas for improvement
- Provide development task effort estimates
- Client requirements gathering and analysis
- Follow defined development best practice including
- Commenting code
- Documenting code
- Contributing to development wikis
- Using source control
- Review test plans
Skills & Experience
- Computer Science, Software Engineering Degree or similar
- At least 2 years of solid commercial development experience in Android (any iOS or front end web experience as well is an added benefit)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas clearly
- Proven problem solving capabilities
- Highly self motivated
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Great team culture - we all regularly go out for drinks, have Friday team lunches together, optional group exercise training and have even done a Tough Mudder together!
- Paid professional training & events
- As we are a relatively small team but growing in size, there is lots of opportunity to contribute your ideas and grow within the role and company
- In addition to the standard public holidays per year, Tigerspike offer all employees 4 weeks leave per year
- The opportunity to work on multiple projects and get a breadth of diversity across clients and different audiences that our applications target
- Opportunity to work in other global office locations such as Sydney, London, Singapore, San Francisco, Dubai and Melbourne
- Tigerspike contributes towards your personal or company health plans
Located centrally in Chelsea, Tigerspike’s New York team members offer first-class consulting, Design, Development, Production/Project Management & Sales services within a broader USA remit.
Tigerspike is an industry leader in native and web mobile/tablet strategy, design and development. Every day, we’re bringing client projects to life on the kind of platforms that didn't even exist a couple of years ago. We pride ourselves on our strong team culture where we deliver great results but also have fun in the process, and due to an increasing client base we are seeking an iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team.