Android Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Tigerspike you will be expected to research, design, implement, test and maintain software that support Tigerspike's business goals. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills, be able to problem solve, be self motivated and be able to contribute to collaborative software projects. In order to overcome the challenges that Tigerspike has as a business you will be able to quickly learn and utilise new technologies and be a source of ideas on how emerging technologies can help Tigerspike's business.
This role will see you specifically working on Android applications in the first instance with the opportunity to cross-train on to iOS or Web/.NET in the future depending on project needs.
- Develop novel software
- Maintain existing software
- Constantly learn and keep abreast of emerging technology
- Contribute to the software design processes including
- Whiteboard sessions
- Critique software designs and architectures
- Peer review colleagues code identifying areas for improvement
- Provide development task effort estimates
- Client requirements gathering and analysis
- Follow defined development best practice including
- Commenting code
- Documenting code
- Contributing to development wikis
- Using source control
- Review test plans
Skills & Experience
- Computer Science, Software Engineering Degree or similar
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas clearly
- Proven problem solving capabilities
- Highly self motivated
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Experience developing with Java and Android APIs
- Minimum 2-4 years development experience
- 2 years+ experience developing for Android
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of source control principles
Tigerspike is a user experience and personal technology software company creating products and solutions that improve the way people live and work.
Its enterprise mobility platform, Phoenix, securely simplifies complex integrations and multi-device experiences since 2003. Tigerspike’s Kallide UX process, adds a layer of user experience intelligence into Phoenix, enabling Tigerspike to produce experiences that engages consumers and empower employees. This technology drives sales, efficiencies and productivity reducing costs, leading to happier employees and more loyal consumers.
Tigerspike is transforming businesses from San Francisco, New York, London, Dubai, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney and Melbourne. Tigerspike has worked with some of the most pioneering companies including AMEX, Shell, Emirates, Standard Chartered, Kaiser Permanente, Woolworths, Westfield, News Corporation, Direct TV, Novartis and Vodafone. www.tigerspike.com