Android Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Tigerspike you will be expected to research, design, implement, test and maintain software that support Tigerspike's business goals. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills, be able to problem solve, be self motivated and be able to contribute to collaborative software projects. In order to overcome the challenges that Tigerspike has as a business you will be able to quickly learn and utilise new technologies and be a source of ideas on how emerging technologies can help Tigerspike's business.
This role will see you specifically working on Android applications in the first instance with the opportunity to cross-train on to iOS or Web/.NET in the future depending on project needs.
- Develop novel software
- Maintain existing software
- Constantly learn and keep abreast of emerging technology
- Contribute to the software design processes including
- Whiteboard sessions
- Critique software designs and architectures
- Peer review colleagues code identifying areas for improvement
- Provide development task effort estimates
- Client requirements gathering and analysis
- Follow defined development best practice including
- Commenting code
- Documenting code
- Contributing to development wikis
- Using source control
- Review test plans
Skills & Experience
- Computer Science, Software Engineering Degree or similar
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas clearly
- Proven problem solving capabilities
- Highly self motivated
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Experience developing with Java and Android APIs
- Minimum 2-4 years development experience
- 2 years+ experience developing for Android
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of source control principles
Located centrally in Chelsea, Tigerspike’s New York team members offer first-class consulting, Design, Development, Production/Project Management & Sales services within a broader USA remit.
Tigerspike is an industry leader in native and web mobile/tablet strategy, design and development. Every day, we’re bringing client projects to life on the kind of platforms that didn't even exist a couple of years ago. We pride ourselves on our strong team culture where we deliver great results but also have fun in the process, and due to an increasing client base we are seeking an iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team.